Sunday, April 4, 2010

Christ Is Risen! Indeed He Is Risen! Alleluia!

Paschal Blessings to all!
It is fitting for my first blog entry to fall on Easter. This is after all my favorite day of the year for several reasons, the most obvious is our redemption from sin and death. I was born on March 23rd 1975, which was Palm Sunday that year and my 33rd birthday fell on Easter Sunday, so this feast of feasts has always had a strong connection to both my physical and spiritual life. To add to the significance last night during the Easter Vigil at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York City, Bishop Mark Sisk received me into the Anglican Communion and Bishop Catherine Roskham administered to me the Easter Communion, Alleluia! What a brilliant night!
I was raised Catholic, converted to Eastern Orthodoxy at 16, took monastic vows at age 20, and studied to become a priest. I left the Orthodox Church before ordination over sexual abuse at the hands of clergy and was churchless for three dark years. On Ash Wednesday at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco, three years ago, I found my home in the Episcopal Church. Last night was glorious and wonderful to feel so certain as never before in my life, I am now at home for good! Thanks be to God! Happy Easter! Christ is Risen! Alleluia!

8 comments:

  1. TBTG! Welcome home, Joshua! Alleluia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Joshua. Many blessings. (Mimi pointed me this way.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We´re a very welcoming crowd! Glad to see/meet you Joshua!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you Joshua! Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Paul and many blessings to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leonardo, I see you are all blessed and I thank God for this opportunity! Blessed Easter to you as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, God bless and keep you and yours! Happy and blessed Easter to you!!

    ReplyDelete